Can I reserve props?
• We do not “hold” props for clients unless secured against a purchase order. If secured against a purchase order, we will charge a 10% administration fee for orders cancelled more than 24 hours prior to collection. A cancellation charge of 50% of hire will be made if notification is received less than 24 hours prior to collection.
• We will give you first refusal on anything you ask us to, but the first person to confirm the booking with an order will secure the item.
Can I order over the phone?
• Yes, in principle, but be aware images on the website do not necessarily represent the CURRENT condition of the item. Obviously, when on hire, items can get damaged or scratched. Although our expert craftsmen repair items, it’s always best to come in and view them first hand.
• We always give priority to clients who come in as they often have transport waiting. At busy times, especially Monday mornings and Friday afternoons, sales people may become too busy to reply to email.
Why is there a delay in getting a costing / Hire Contract?
• At peak times, sales people have to focus on jobs going out that day, especially the “cash and carry” jobs. Consequently, emails with pricing requests are not given priority. We will get to them as soon as possible and strive to respond within 48 hours (or less).
How long is a hire week?
• At Modern Props we allow up to 8 days! That is, you can collect on a Monday at 8.00a.m and return as late as 5.00 p.m. the following Monday.
What if I return late?
• You will be charged for an extra week. Our rates are 10% for the first week, 5% for the second week and 2.5% for every week thereafter.
Is there a minimum hire charge?
• Yes there is. For all cash sales and cash accounts, there is a minimum hire charge of £50+VAT per contract.